Skip page Logo and Brand information to navigation. Skip page header section and navigation, to main content.

Get ready for 2021 Taxes

Guidance regarding 2021 Tax Returns and how to get ready to file:

Tax Documents you will need:

  1. W2s from employers (to be mailed out by employers on/before 1/31/2022)
  2. 1099-MISC from banks and other payers
  3. If you received the Advance Child Tax Credit (NEW in 2021), you will receive Letter 6419 from the IRS.  Please include a copy of that letter with your 2021 tax preparation materials.
  4. If you received the Economic Impact Payment (EIP) #3 - EIP 3 started in March 2021 and continued through December 2021.   You should receive a Letter 6475 which is needed by our office to determine if you are entitled to or should claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your tax year 2021 Tax Return.   Please also include that document with your tax preparation information.
  5. Other income documents
  6. Refund Interest Received - IRS will send a Form 1099-INT in January 2022 to anyone who received interest totaling at least $10
  7. Virtual currency records
  8. Copies of closing statements for any real property transactions

Note:   Most income is taxable including Unemployment Compensation